Deaf Awareness Training
Deaf Awareness Training is a powerful tool that promotes inclusion and improves equality of access for D/deaf people and those with hearing loss.
What will you learn?
Our deaf awareness trainers will give you an insight into the Deaf world and will use examples drawn from their own experiences to highlight the barriers that the Deaf and those with hearing loss face.
Our training covers these core subjects:
- Terminology and types of deafness and hearing loss
- Deaf statistics
- Medical and social models of disability
- Basic phrases in BSL
- The Equality Act 2010 and what is a ‘reasonable adjustment’
- Deaf culture and language
- Basic communication dos and don’ts
- How to work with communication professionals
Bespoke training for your organisation
We offer standard full and half day packages that are competitively priced and can be tailored to the needs of your organisation. Our training can be delivered to small or large groups, at a venue and time convenient for you.
Free ongoing telephone consultancy is provided to support decision making and how best to welcome Deaf individuals into your business.
After completing our deaf awareness training your delegates will:
- Be confident when communicating with Deaf customers and colleagues
- Identify and improve access issues that lead to your services
- Understand how to apply the Equality Act 2010
- Help Deaf colleagues feel supported so they can contribute to your company’s success
Call 0113 512 0350 or email email@example.com to request a brochure.
If you have a need for volumes of training or consultancy services, we would be delighted to discuss how we can make the courses and services more economical for you as well as tailor them to the precise needs of your business.